Monday, February 23, 2015

Crazy Mama!

As I reflect over the past five years, I realized as a parent I have let my children do some crazy, over the top things.  The funny thing is, I never really even notice it until someone else sees a picture and asks "Did you really let them do that?".  It has made me stop and think, am I a bad parent?  But the more I thought about it, the more I realized, I never noticed how crazy we are getting because we are busy having so much fun and living in the moment!  While I don't think that qualifies me as a bad parent, I do think it means I have to be careful as a mother to make sure I am not confusing my kids between the difference of having fun and being safe.  Below are a few crazy things we have done together...do you have any to share?


Indoor Swimming.  Yes, this is a swimming pool in our living room!  At the time, we had a large wasp nest in our backyard and it just seemed like the safer option....and I got my tile floors cleaned at the same time!


Eat an entire cake.  In our defense, it was her birthday and she had been waiting for a Brobee Yo Gabba Gabba cake the whole year.

Where a swim suit the whole day...in the middle of winter.  My kids love being active, but swimming is one of their favorites.  Letting her wear the swim suit was a compromise to not filling the bath tub up with water so she could practice her diving skills!


What crazy moments have you shared with your kids?

2 comments:

  1. Aww! Your munckins are adorable!
    Hi! Stopping by from Mom Bloggers Club. Great blog!
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Swinging by once more to follow your lovely blog.
    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete