Monday, February 16, 2015

Babies and Baskets

Baby Mesha

It's extremely important for me as a parent to capture images of my children while they are so young because as every parent knows, these moments will fly by in the blink of an eye.  The secret to capturing innocent moments like this include a few easy steps:

  1. Get them while their sleeping!  If your kids are anything like mine, they are light sleepers and will wake up at the slightest noise or movement.  So for me to pull this off, I had to wait until she was long over due for a nap and had fallen into a deep sleep.  Once she reached this state, it didn't matter how many times I moved her or re-positioned her, there was no way she was going to wake up.
  2. Start early!  This image was captured during her first six weeks of life.  The reason I recommend this age is because they usually sleep the most during this time frame and not mention they are so little!
Baby Mayanha

  1. Use props!  For this shot, I used an old wicker basket and a baby blanket my grandmother made for her.  This not only adds different textures to the image but it also makes the picture even more sentimental.
  2. Have fun and enjoy yourself!  Like I said before, we only get to experience these moments once in life so make sure you make the most of it!


                                
          Baby Mariah

No comments:

Post a Comment